VILLAGE OF PARK FOREST BUILDING DEPARTMENT
How to convey a foreclosed property
To properly convey a foreclosed property in Park Forest . . .
- The original Village of Park Forest Transfer Declaration must be completely and correctly filled in. Form is not available to fax or e-mail. It may be picked up at the Building Department or call to have a form mailed to you (708) 503-7703.
- The original, fully executed sherrif's sale deed or judicial sales deed must accompany the Transfer Declaration form.
- Any outstanding invoices must be paid at this time (water, grass cutting, liens, etc.). Please call the Building Department to verify what invoices are outstanding (708) 503-7703.
- The Village of Park Forest has a Vacant Building Registration ordinance. Any property vacant over 60 days must be registered.
- $15 processing fee for exempt transactions.
After the foreclosure has been properly conveyed . . .
For the sale of a foreclosed property, the following information is required . . .
- Application including the name and current address of seller, buyer, and buyer's lending institution information.
- Legible copy of the signed and dated sales contract.
- Buyer's Letter regarding the purchase of the property. Form must be signed by the buyer, not the buyer's agent, and must be notarized.
- Village of Park Forest Transfer Declaration form for this transfer.
- Cost of stamp is $5.00 per $1,000 for non-exempt transfers; $15.00 for exempt transfers. Transfer stamps for non-exempt transactions are payable by cash, credit card, or certified funds. We will no longer accept business or personal checks for transfer stamps.
For additional information, please contact:
Village of Park Forest Building Department
350 Victory Drive
Park Forest, IL 60466